Seeking Safety (Adult version)
There are no pre-implementation materials to measure organizational or provider readiness for Seeking Safety (Adult version).
Formal Support for Implementation
There is formal support available for implementation of Seeking Safety (Adult version) as listed below:
There is a training coordinator who can discuss agency needs and develop a training plan that includes fidelity and supervisory training.
There are fidelity measures for Seeking Safety (Adult version) as listed below:
The following are fidelity measures:
- Seeking Safety Adherence Scale is used to evaluate a clinician's use of the treatment based on listening to or watching a tape of a session (audio or video), or sitting in on the session. It is used for outcome research and for general clinical supervision purposes.
- The Adherence Scale Score Sheet is a form that the supervisor or rater fills out for use with the Adherence Scale.
- The Brief Adherence Form can be used for clinical purposes (but not for research).
- The Session Format Checklist is an additional form that can be useful to verify the elements of the session (but if using the Adherence Scale, it is not needed).
All are available at http://www.treatment-innovations.org/assessment.html.
Implementation Guides or Manuals
There are implementation guides or manuals for Seeking Safety (Adult version) as listed below:
These and several other articles on implementation of Seeking Safety are available at http://www.treatment-innovations.org/articles-ss-implementation.html:
- Najavits, L. M. (2009). Seeking Safety: An implementation guide. In A. Rubin & DW Springer (Eds). The clinician's guide to evidence-based practice. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- Najavits L. M. (2004). Implementing Seeking Safety therapy for PTSD and substance abuse: Clinical guidelines. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 22, 43-62. Also, an earlier version of this article is online at Behavioral Health Recovery Management Project (www.bhrm.org).
- Najavits L. M. (2000). Training clinicians to conduct the Seeking Safety treatment for PTSD and substance abuse. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 18, 83-98.
Research on How to Implement the Program
Research has not been conducted on how to implement Seeking Safety (Adult version).