Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A)
There are pre-implementation materials to measure organizational or provider readiness for Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A) as listed below:
The training protocol for TFCO includes a planning and readiness process that usually takes several months.
- No decision is made regarding actual implementation until this process has been successfully completed.
- During the process, all aspects relevant to a successful implementation are discussed and reviewed. Necessary accommodations and adjustments in procedures and practices are then made.
- Also, during this process the client is assisted with foster parent recruitment. A sufficient number of foster homes to start operations (4 or 5) must be recruited, licensed, and available for placements before the readiness process is concluded.
Topics reviewed during the readiness process include:
- Determining program costs and funding
- Foster parent recruitment
- Staffing: Team composition, qualifications, FTE and hiring sequence/timing
- Referrals: Referral criteria, referral mechanisms and procedures
- Geography: Catchment area and location of foster homes
- Placement and matching procedures
- Interface between the program and probation/case workers
- Integration of psychiatry
- Logistical issues (daily behavior information gathering and video recording of weekly meetings)
- Additionally, any site-specific issues are considered
No written materials that further detail this process are available.
Formal Support for Implementation
The program representative did not provide information about formal support for implementation of Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A).
There are fidelity measures for Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A) as listed below:
- In the course of executing the model, daily behavior information is gathered for each of the youth. This information (Parent Daily Report (PDR)) is used to track behavior change over time. The collection and use of this information is also used to assess model adherence and outcomes.
- During the first year of implementation, three structured program reviews are provided so that progress and fidelity can be easily tracked from one review to the next. Once program standards are met, the program applies for program certification with an independent evaluator, the Center for Research to Practice in Eugene, OR.
- Initial certification is valid for a period of two years and subsequent renewal certifications are valid for three-year periods, provided that a contractual arrangement is in place with TFC Consultants or one of its implementation partners to monitor program fidelity and address model adherence issues. In the absence of such an arrangement, certification is valid for a period of one year.
Implementation Guides or Manuals
There are implementation guides or manuals for Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A) as listed below:
There are operational manuals for program supervision, foster parent recruitment, family therapy, child therapy, foster parent training, and skills training. These are not publicly available.
Research on How to Implement the Program
The program representative did not provide information about research conducted on how to implement Treatment Foster Care Oregon - Adolescents (TFCO-A).