CEBC Scientific Panel
Our national Scientific Panel is comprised of seven core members who are nationally recognized as leaders in child welfare research and practice, and who are knowledgeable about what constitutes best practice/evidence-based practice. The panel assists in identifying relevant practices and research and provides guidance on the scientific integrity of the CEBC products.
Role of the Scientific Panel
- Assist with identifying relevant practices and research for programs within the selected topic areas that have known evidence or are commonly utilized in California.
- Provide recommendations for Topic Experts once topic areas have been selected.
- Provide guidance on the scientific integrity of the CEBC products.
- Ensure the CEBC remains up-to-date on the latest emerging evidence and literature.
- John Landsverk, PhD - Director
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center (CASRC)
Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego
- Richard P. Barth, PhD, Dean
School of Social Work, University of Maryland
- Lucy Berliner, MSW
Director of Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress;
Clinical Associate Professor, University of Washington School of Social Work and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Mark Chaffin, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Oklahoma City, OK
- Stan Huey, Jr., PhD, Associate Professor
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
- Laurel Leslie, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine;
Director, Center for Aligning Researchers and Communities for Health Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Benjamin E. Saunders, PhD, Professor and Director
Family and Child Program, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Medical University of South Carolina
- Haluk Soydan, PhD
Research Professor, University of Southern California School of Social Work;
Co-founder and Chair of the Campbell Collaborative
Los Angeles, CA