CEBC Scientific Panel
Our national Scientific Panel is comprised of seven core members who are nationally recognized as leaders in child welfare research and practice, and who are knowledgeable about what constitutes best practice/evidence-based practice. The panel assists in identifying relevant practices and research and provides guidance on the scientific integrity of the CEBC products.
Role of the Scientific Panel
- Assist with identifying relevant practices and research for programs within the selected topic areas that have known evidence or are commonly utilized in California.
- Provide recommendations for Topic Experts once topic areas have been selected.
- Provide guidance on the scientific integrity of the CEBC products.
- Ensure the CEBC remains up-to-date on the latest emerging evidence and literature.
- John Landsverk, PhD - Director
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center (CASRC)
Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego
- Richard P. Barth, PhD
Dean of School of Social Work
University of Maryland
- Lucy Berliner, MSW
Director of Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress
Clinical Associate Professor
School of Social Work and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
University of Washington
- Mark Chaffin, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Oklahoma City, OK
- Stan Huey, Jr., PhD
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
- Laurel Leslie, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Associate Director of Community Engagement
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Benjamin E. Saunders, PhD
Director of Family and Child Program, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center
Professor at Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Medical University of South Carolina
- Haluk Soydan, PhD
Research Professor, University of Southern California School of Social Work
Co-founder and Chair of the Campbell Collaborative
Los Angeles, CA