Topic: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood Programs
Why was Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood Programs chosen as a topic by the Advisory Committee? (Click for Answer)
Youth Transitioning into Adulthood Programs was chosen as a topic area by the Advisory Committee in recognition of the urgent need to assist older foster youth with the skills and knowledge required for a successful transition into adulthood. Since the passing of the Chaffee Foster Care Independence Act, some funds have been available to serve this population. However, outcome studies still demonstrate many youth are homeless, pregnant, and unemployed after leaving care. Child Welfare Agencies and the Courts need information on effective youth transitioning services and supports; and need to know how to help youth establish or re-establish strong and enduring ties to one or more nurturing adults.
Former CEBC Advisory Committee Member
Programs in this topic area
Here are your search results for programs in the area of Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood Programs:
The programs listed below have been reviewed by the CEBC and, if appropriate, been rated using the Scientific Rating Scale.
Programs with a Scientific Rating of NR - Not able to be Rated:
- Independent Living Program-Lighthouse – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsTarget population is youth of any race or gender between the ages of 16-19, who are aging out of the ...
- Independent Living Program-Orangewood (ILP) – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsFoster youth ages 16 to 21. In addition, the program is designed to allow teen parents to participate.
- Larkin Extended Aftercare for Supported Emancipation (LEASE) – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsEmancipating foster care youth ages 18-24, including pregnant and parenting youth.
- My First Place – detailed view
[Supported Housing Program (SHP)]Topics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsFoster youth ages 16-23 who are, or are at-risk of, becoming homeless. The program is designed to allow transition aged ...
- Rising Tide Communities - Orangewood – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsFormer foster youth between 18 and 24 years.
- Seita Scholars Program – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood Programs, Educational Interventions for Children and Adolescents in Child WelfareYouth aging out of foster care; foster and former foster youth in college 18-25 years old
- Transitional Housing Program for Homeless Young Adults (THP) – detailed viewTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsEmancipated foster and probation youth between the ages of 18-21 who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. The ...
- Work Appreciation for Youth, The (WAY) – detailed viewThe Work Appreciation for YouthTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsAdolescent boys and girls in residential treatment facilities or foster care.
- Workforce Development Center, The – detailed viewThe Workforce Development CenterTopics: Youth Transitioning Into Adulthood ProgramsYouth ages 16-24 who are currently in foster/kinship care or have been in the past.