Note: The Undoing Racism® program was not responsive to the CEBC's inquiry. The following information was obtained from publicly available sources.
About This Program
Target Population: Employees of organizations that work with people who are a different race or ethnicity
Undoing Racism® is presented in a community organizing workshop where through dialogue, reflection, role-playing, strategic planning and presentations, participants are challenged to analyze the structures of power and privilege that hinder social equity and prepares them to be effective organizers for justice. The following are examples of what Undoing Racism® helps participants to do:
- Develop a common definition of racism and an understanding of its different forms: individual, institutional, linguistic, and cultural
- Develop a common language and analysis for examining racism in the United States
- Understand why people are poor and the role of institutions in exacerbating institutional racism, particularly for people and communities of color
- Understand how everyone, including white people, is adversely impacted by racism every day, everywhere
- Develop awareness and understanding about ways to begin undoing racism
- Understand the role of community organizing and building effective multiracial coalitions as a means for undoing racism
Education and Training
Education and Training Resources
Publicly available information indicates there is some training available for this program.
See contact info below.
Relevant Published, Peer-Reviewed Research
This program has been reviewed and it was determined that this program lacks the type of published, peer-reviewed research that meets the CEBC criteria for a scientific rating of 1 – 5. Therefore, the program has been given the classification of "NR - Not able to be Rated." It was reviewed because it was identified by the topic expert as a program being used in the field, or it is being marketed and/or used in California with children receiving services from child welfare or related systems and their parents/caregivers. Some programs that are not rated may have published, peer-reviewed research that does not meet the above stated criteria or may have eligible studies that have not yet been published in the peer-reviewed literature. For more information on the "NR - Not able to be Rated" classification, please see the Scientific Rating Scale.
Currently, there are no published, peer-reviewed research studies for Undoing Racism®.
No reference materials are currently available for Undoing Racism®.
Date Research Evidence Last Reviewed by CEBC: October 2013
Date Program Content Last Reviewed by Program Staff: November 2018
Date Program Originally Loaded onto CEBC: October 2013