The Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA)
Many questions have arisen regarding the Family First Prevention Services Act and how the CEBC is connected to it. The CEBC has created the Comparison of the CEBC Scientific Rating Criteria with the FFPSA Evidence resource to address questions.
CEBC Training and Technical Assistance
The CEBC provides California-based agencies with free individualized support on using the CEBC program registry and implementation materials to best meet their needs. Services are typically provided via internet or phone. Click here to download the Training and Technical Assistance flyer for more information.
New Topic Area
The CEBC added the Substance Abuse Prevention (Child & Adolescent) Programs topic area in July 2019. We have added three more programs into the topic area in October 2019. This makes 10 programs thus far with the two programs added in August 2019 and the initial 5 programs that were highlighted in it when it launched.
- Active Parenting of Teens: Families in Action - added October 2019 - also highlighted in the Parent Training Programs that Address Behavior Problems in Children and Adolescents topic area
- The All Stars Core Program - added October 2019
- CMCA: Communities Mobilizing for Change on Alcohol - added July 2019
- Familias Unidas - added July 2019
- Family Matters - added July 2019
- Families Facing the Future - added July 2019 - also highlighted in the Substance Abuse Treatment (Adult) topic area
- Positive Family Support (PFS) Program - added August 2019
- Residential Student Assistance Program - - added July 2019 - also highlighted in Substance Abuse Treatment (Child & Adolescent) Programs
- Too Good for Drugs (TGFD) 6th Grade - added October 2019
- Youth Message Development - added August 2019
The CEBC has recently added the following programs:
- Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare® (FFT - CW®) - added July 2019
- Child-Centered Group Play Therapy (CCGPT) - added August 2019
- National Family Development Credential Program (FDC) - added July 2019
- Child First - added August 2019
- Connecting - added July 2019
Kinship Caregiver Support Programs, Parent Training Programs that Address Behavior Problems in Children and Adolescents, & Resource Parent Programs
Most Recently Added Recorded Webinar
Keeping the Intervention Going: Planning & Maintaining Long-Term Sustainability - May 2019
In this webinar, Lauren Brookman-Frazee, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego; Associate Director of the Child and Adolescent Services Research Center; Research and Training Director at the Autism Discovery Institute at Rady Children’s Hospital – San Diego; and faculty in both the SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology and the UCSD/VA Psychology Internship Training Program and Jared Martin, CEBC Implementation Specialist, provide administrators and managers with considerations for early planning of ongoing operations and strategies for troubleshooting implementation issues that threaten sustainability. Please access our CEBC-Sponsored Webinars page for more information and to view the webinar.
Most Recently Added Resources:
Maximizing Impact of Private and Public Funding - July 2019
Research has shown that there is a 17-year gap between the development and research of evidence-based practices (EBPs) and the implementation of those practices in real-world settings. Funding Agencies can help bridge the research-to-practice gap by providing the funds needed to deliver EBPs to those in need. This resource gives tips on different types of implementation and how to maximize funding impact. Click here to access the resource.
Considerations for Sustaining Evidence-Based Programs - Updated in July 2019 - Originally Loaded in March 2019
When effective interventions are in place, it is critical that these interventions receive sufficient attention and resources to maintain on-going operations. This 3-page resource highlights important findings from implementation research in order to inform service providers' efforts with planning for and maintaining EBP sustainability. Click here to access the resource.
The State of the Evidence for Intervention and Prevention Programs for Child Welfare-Involved Populations - May 2019
As of May 2019, the CEBC has reviewed and rated over 450 programs. This one-page resource identifies the CEBC topic areas with the smallest number of research-supported programs in order to illustrate where gaps exist in empirically supported interventions for child welfare-involved populations. Click here to access the resource.
Page last updated on 10/22/2019.