Lifelong Family Connections for Adolescents (LFC)
Note: The LFC program was not responsive to the CEBC's inquiry. The following information was obtained from publicly available sources.
About This Program
Target Population: Not Specified
LFC aims to prevent youth from aging out of the foster care system without a significant connection in their life. LFC’s collaborates with all parties involved and is a youth-driven process. Training, support and ongoing supervision are provided regularly for all professionals and collaterals. LFC uses seven approaches to assist in developing lifelong relationships for adolescents in the foster care system. As stated on their website: “All components are youth-driven, strengths-based and culturally competent." These include the following:
- Community of Care Review - Identifies, locates and explores all potential individuals willing and able to make a commitment to a lifelong connection with a teen.
- Specialized Adolescent Recruitment - Develops potential permanent placement and/or lifelong family ties for youth who do not have permanent connections within their own Community of Care network.
- Family Consultation Team™ - Youth-centered, family-focused permanency planning team process that includes family members, significant adults and social service providers.
- Family Bound Training - Provides a group experience that helps prepare adolescents as they work to develop lifelong connections.
- Parents as Tender Healers (PATH) Training - Adult training to assist in supporting and developing relationships and understanding adolescents’ needs.
- MFFK Speak Out Team™ - Offers support, training and mentoring opportunities from other youth and young adults who have experienced foster care and/or adoption.
- Specialized Post-Placement Supports - Ongoing contact to identify community supports, strategize and problem solve relationship issues, and maintain strength-based focus. Adoption Journeys services provided as well.
The program representative did not provide information about a Logic Model for Lifelong Family Connections for Adolescents (LFC).
Manuals and Training
Publicly available information indicates there is some training available for this program.
See contact info below.
Relevant Published, Peer-Reviewed Research
Currently, there are no published, peer-reviewed research studies for Lifelong Family Connections for Adolescents (LFC).
No reference materials are currently available for Lifelong Family Connections for Adolescents (LFC).
- Edwin Gonzalez
- Website: www.csrox.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=83
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (413) 586-2303
Date Research Evidence Last Reviewed by CEBC: October 2013
Date Program Content Last Reviewed by Program Staff: May 2012
Date Program Originally Loaded onto CEBC: May 2012