Topic: Family Stabilization
Why was Family Stabilization chosen as a topic by the Advisory Committee? (Click for Answer)
The Advisory Committee chose Family Stabilization as a topic area to highlight because a primary goal of child welfare is to strengthen families and prevent unnecessary placement of children and youth. Too often, children are removed from their families because there are insufficient services to support and strengthen the family and ensure safety. Agencies need to know about alternatives to removal and placement and which types of services/programs are most effective in stabilizing the family, building family strengths, and maintaining safety.
Pamela Day, Associate Director
Child Information Welfare Gateway
Programs in this topic area
Here are your search results for programs in the area of Family Stabilization:
The programs listed below have been reviewed by the CEBC and, if appropriate, been rated using the Scientific Rating Scale.
Programs with a Scientific Rating of 2 - Supported by Research Evidence:
Programs with a Scientific Rating of 3 - Promising Research Evidence:
- Family Centered Treatment (FCT) – detailed view
– ? provisional rating until: Monday, January 20, 2014Topics: Family StabilizationFamilies with members at imminent risk of placement into, or needing intensive services to return from, treatment facilities, foster care, ...
- Family Group Decision Making (FGDM) – detailed viewTopics: Child Welfare Initiatives, Placement Stabilization, Family Stabilization, Reducing Racial Disparity and Disproportionality in Child WelfareChildren who are abused/neglected and their family groups.
Programs with a Scientific Rating of NR - Not able to be Rated:
- Cultural Broker Program – detailed viewTopics: Family Stabilization, Reducing Racial Disparity and Disproportionality in Child WelfareFamilies with children ages 0-17 at risk of involvement or currently involved with the child welfare system this includes Birth ...
- Families First of Michigan – detailed viewTopics: Family StabilizationChildren who are at high risk of removal from their families due to abuse or neglect.
- Foster Care Redesign – detailed viewTopics: Family StabilizationChildren of all ages, especially minority populations and those with diverse ethnicities, who are at risk of entering the child ...
- Minority Youth and Family Initiative for African-Americans (MYFI) – detailed viewTopics: Family Stabilization, Reducing Racial Disparity and Disproportionality in Child WelfareAfrican American children and families involved with the child welfare system
- Minority Youth and Family Initiative for American Indian/Alaskan Native Children (MYFI) – detailed viewTopics: Family Stabilization, Reducing Racial Disparity and Disproportionality in Child WelfareAmerican Indian and Alaskan Native children and families
- Mockingbird Family Model, The (MFM) – detailed viewThe Mockingbird Family ModelTopics: Placement Stabilization, Family Stabilization, Permanency Enhancement Interventions for AdolescentsChildren, adolescents, and families in or at risk of being in the foster care system.
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) – detailed viewTopics: Family StabilizationFamilies at risk of child maltreatment as identified by screened out child maltreatment reports, community referrals, or self-referral. Families that ...